Ooooookay. I have this problem with inertia - I want to do things but I never know where to start. But I recently had a conversation with a stranger in which I was reminded that you don't need to have the middle and end formalized before you can begin. Usually you just have to take that first step and hope it leads in the direction of where you might maybe possibly want to end up.
So I'm going to start this blog about weight loss by simply declaring that I want to write a blog about weight loss. I have a few ideas about what I want to include, but whether all or none of these make the cut, that's alright too:
Goals. Short term, long term, in-your-dreams term - it's all fair game and essential in keeping myself motivated and optimistic.
Weekly progress reports. Consistency is a great way to keep yourself accountable.
Failures. Because I'm only human.
Successes. Because without the occasional success it would be impossible to continue. Also, bragging is super fun.
Recipes. When I find something that I am capable of making, is healthy, AND tastes great, it deserves major credit.
Life stuffs unrelated to weight loss. Just so I appear well-rounded and not obsessed.
So there we have it. I hope this blog is a fun and convenient way to document my hopefully successful transition into a healthier lifestyle. I'm really not at all concerned whether or not anyone but myself is ever even aware of its existence. I'm just looking forward to seeing what this can become. I could just keep a journal but pen and paper is so last century.
I should come up with a clever sign off, but for now, I'll see you when I see you.
Jade
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment