I know everyone's struggle with weight is different. My struggle has always been that I love eating huge amounts of disgustingly unhealthy but deliciously fatty and sugary foods. My husband (who is sick to death about hearing anything to do with my weight) insists that my problem is that I am always living at extremes - either I'm eating pizza for breakfast lunch and dinner (hyperbole!) or I'm subsisting on lettuce and chicken broth. And he's not wrong. I have a hard time maintaining a good balance.
So I think that this time around (I've lost count), I will focus not on weight, or muscle tone, or calories, but rather on mastering the art of moderation.
"Everything in moderation." We've all heard that before, and I'm going to adopt it as my new mantra. Because it stretches beyond so much more than only eating a small piece of chocolate cake.
It's about acquiring discipline in your life. The ability to acknowledge that yes, I do need this - but I may not need as much as I want, and as much as I want may be exactly what I don't need.
I know I can find this balance. But staying there, that's the trick.
We'll talk concrete goals soon.
See you when I see you.
Jade

No comments:
Post a Comment